We’re all lucky to have a roof over our heads, but sometimes we’re not aware of just how lucky we are. A high-quality roof can help to keep us cool in summer and warm in winter, while ensuring our energy bills don’t spiral out of control. Roofing is also the key to peace and quiet at home and work, helping to improve our efficiency whether we’re looking to take a nap or meet a deadline.
Roofing insulation is essential for all of these qualities, making it an important addition to any new roof or roof replacement.
Here is what you need to know about roof insulation before investing in a new roof.
Insulation Is Your Secret Weapon for Heating and Cooling
When the temperature drops or heats up, the first thing we do is turn on our heaters and air conditioners. But did you know that 50% of the energy we use to heat or cool our homes will simply disappear without insulation?
By installing roof insulation, ceiling insulation and other insulated products, you can maintain a comfortable temperature with half the work. As well as providing the perfect temperature all year round, roof insulation can reduce your heating and cooling costs – sometimes by as much as 45%!
Roof Insulation Keeps You and the Environment Healthy
Everybody wins when you choose quality roof and ceiling insulation. As well as keeping you comfortable, it will also take care of the environment:
- Roofing insulation helps to regulate your temperature, meaning less reliance on artificial heating and cooling
- Less energy used on heating and cooling means fewer greenhouse gases released into the environment
- Roof insulation can reduce condensation in the home or business
- Curbs the development of mould and damp, making everyone healthier in the long term
What to Look for in Roofing Insulation
The quality of your roofing insulation will determine how effective and long lasting it is. When shopping for roofing insulation, look for the following qualities:
- Insulation and insulation installers should meet national standards and be in line with the Building Code of Australia
- All insulation will have an R-value, which determines its effectiveness in your home or business. Talk to a roofing specialist about the best R-value for your property to ensure you receive the most appropriate insulation
- The two most common forms of insulation are bulk insulation and reflective insulation. Reflective insulation is more common in warmer climates, while bulk insulation is more common in cooler areas
Why Choose SupaTherm Roofing Blanket
SupaTherm is the world’s most widely used roofing insulation, combining glass wool and reflective foil to protect your home or business.
SupaTherm reflects 95% of radiant heat, and absorbs outside noise to keep your home business cool. It also features added condensation protection for the health and safety of your family or employees.
Contact Our Roof and Ceiling Insulation Specialists in Brisbane
At Manchester Roofing, we only use the best, which is why we feature SupaTherm among our range of insulation panels and products. If you’re looking for roof and ceiling insulation in Brisbane, Gold Coast or New South Wales, talk to our team today.