Manchester Roofing Australia Pty Ltd specialises in domestic, commercial and industrial asbestos removal, disposal and re-roofing. We guarantee that all asbestos related work will be undertaken by qualified employees holding B Class certification in asbestos handling and that all work will be conducted to the relevant Australian Standards.
For all projects involving asbestos the following safety measures will be undertaken;
- A work method statement outlining all of the hazards and various controls measures associated with the task will be developed in consultation with our employees.
- Warning signs and barriers will be erected.
- As required friable asbestos will be sealed with PVA paint or wet with water.
- Coveralls and an approved respirator (P2) will be worn by all employees.
- All sheets will be lowered safely to the ground to minimise breakage and the spread of fibres.
- Once removed any asbestos containing material will be stacked on polythene sheeting, wrapped and sealed for disposal.
- Any remaining asbestos residues will be removed with the use of an approved vacuum cleaner.
- All waste containing asbestos will be kept wet or wrapped in polythene until it’s removed from site.
- Used coveralls, masks and filters will be disposed of with all other asbestos waste in bags for removal from site.